One of many locations I really like to hang around in Japan is on the “izakayas” (outlets or institutions that serves drinks, alcohol drinks and likewise serves meals. Izakayas are all over the place and are largely open all night time. The number of meals of their menu lists will not be as lengthy in comparison with extraordinary restaurant however they do have their specialties.
My favourite izakaya is situated only a few blocks away from my house and so they supply fairly an extended checklist of menu in comparison with the opposite izakayas that I do know of. I usually have dinner there as a result of I really like the meals, the pleasant environment and the affordable costs of their meals and drinks.
Certainly one of my favourite within the izakaya is pork kushiyaki. The time period “kushi” means skewer, “yaki” means grilled and “buta” imply pork. I often eat about eight kushiyaki each time I am going there along with some “sake” (Japanese rice wine) and one or two cups of rice.
Pork kushiyaki is just not unique solely to izakayas however can be an out of doors barbeque favourite. They’re additionally bought at groceries ready or cooked however making and cooking pork kushiyaki by your self at residence is just not that arduous to do.
Pork Kushiyaki (for 2)
– One tablespoon Japanese soy sauce
– 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
– Two tablespoons of Japanese rice wine (sake)
– 1/4 teaspoon of peeled and crushed garlic
– 400 grams pork
– One or two inexperienced bell peppers
– One cup of mushrooms
– One onion
– Barbeque sticks
– Reduce the pork to small cubes
– Reduce the inexperienced bell pepper in half and take away the seeds and the veins, wash and slice into quarter.
– Peel the onion and slice into quarter.
– Stick the pork, onions, mushrooms and inexperienced pepper to a BBQ stick in an alternating patten.
– Marinade all of the elements
– To cook dinner, place all of the elements on the grill facet by facet and switch them round repeatedly.
– Whereas cooking, apply the a skinny coating of the marinade sauce utilizing a cooking brush.
Finest served with white rice and recent salad.
That is the recipe that my Japanese neighbor who can be a superb good friend of mine taught me once we made pork kushiyaki at his home. The elements will not be arduous to search out, the preparation is simple, cooking is enjoyable particularly in case you have a bottle of sake beside you. Please do that scrumptious recipe, I’m positive you’ll get pleasure from it.